Friday, June 12, 2009

Best friends...

I really like you and it’s true.
You're so nice, and sweet, and you listen to all my problems and respond to it appropriately.

But I don't really see a relationship in our future.

It would be terrible if we let sex destroys this great friendship we have where I get everything I want and you get nothing you want.

I knew you would understand. You always do.

We're so perfect as friends, you know?

I can tell you anything, and you know you can always come to me anytime you need to hear me bitch about work or how ugly I feel.

You wouldn't want to ruin a friendship like that just so you could be my boyfriend, and have I looked at you with desire and longing in my eyes, would you? No!

Well, if we started dating, it would only complicate this wonderful friendship.

It's just… You're like my best friend, and I would hate you for changing it.

I mean, sure, we could go on some dates, maybe mess around a little, but what?

How could we ever go back to the way we were, where I take advantage of your clear attraction to me, so I can have someone at my beck and call?

That part of our friendship means so much to me.

We are just destined to be really, really good friends who only hang out when I don't have a boyfriend, but still need male attention to boost my fragile and all-consuming ego.

Anything can happen once you bring romance in. Think about how awful our last relationship was at the end, remember?

God, I would die if something like that happened to us.

I've known you so long, you're more like a brother that I've drunkenly made out with twice and never mentioned again.

It'd be way too weird.

Anyway, you would totally hate me as your girlfriend.

I'd be all needy and dramatic and slowly growing to love you.

If I was your girlfriend, I would never be able to tell you all about the other guys I date and pretend I don't see how much it crushes you.

Let's never lose that. That's what makes us really, really good friends.

Don't worry.

You're so funny and smart and amazing, any girl but me would be lucky to date you. You'll find someone, I know it.

And when you do, I'll be right by your side to suddenly become all flirty and affectionate with you in front of her, until she grows jealous and won't believe it when you say we're just friends.

But if she dumps you, that's just what we'll be.

Best friends & forever friends...

No comments: